Sunday, August 23, 2020

Altenew- All about Layering

Hello, crafty friends. I am excited to be a part of the Altenew Educator Certification Program. The AECP gives you the opportunity to improve and enhance your crafting skills, while promoting their wonderful products. Each class provides six in-depth, step by step video tutorials with exclusive projects. All classes are independent classes and can be enjoyed at your convenience! 


Today's 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" top folding note card was created out of a 8 1/2" x 11" 80 lbs cardstock cut in half and scored in the middle.


 I cut a 1 5/8" panel for my Build-A-Flower: Combine leaves and an additional 2" panel to layer under my 1 5/8" panel.

  I am in desperate need of dye inks for stamping my images and with our favorite brands currently out of stock, I needed to improvise. My solution, combine the few ColorBox dye inks I have along with my Tombow dual brush pens to create the layers of my stamped images. 

Using the Misti Stamping tool, in case my stamping was not perfect, I placed the base of the leaf image on the stamp platform and colored the stamp using the Tombow 133 dual brush pen. 

After stamping the first layer, I lined the second layer directly over the first stamped image, inked, and stamped creating my second layer. Next, I lined the third layer directly over the second stamped image, inked, and stamped for my third and final layer. I repeated the process until my entire panel was covered in leaves making sure to rotate the stamp image. 



The sentiment comes from the Build-A-Flower: Ballon Flower stamp set. Using the Misti, I stamped my sentiment using Gina K Amalgam Obsidian ink. 

For some added bling, I used the Pretty Pink Posh (Shamrock,Lemon Drop) jewels.



That wraps up my first card, until next time. Thank you for stopping by!




 

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your very first post for the AECP! YAY! And what a gorgeous card you have created with such beautiful greens. Thank you for letting everyone know how you used brush markers to ink the stamps up instead of inks, shows that you can make do with what you have! Good job!
    Thank you for entering your work to the AECP assignment gallery.

    ReplyDelete