Wednesday, August 26, 2020

Clean and Simple Boutique Cards






Hello, crafty friends. Today I wanted to share my clean and simple card inspired by the Clean and Simple Boutique Card class from Altenew.



 I will admit I often struggle with clean and simple cards but I love how the card turned out. I really wanted to showcase the simplicity of the card but also allow the colors of each flower to really stand out. The flowers are from the Altenew Springtime Azalea stamp set and colored using copic markers. 

The copic colors are as follows:

 V01, V04, V06, V09, BV08

RV00, RV13, RV21, RV25, RV29

Y32, Y35, Y38, YR04, YR68


After I colored the flowers I needed to stamp the leaves to give it a more boutique feel. With my flowers already stamped and colored, I needed a technique that would stamp the leaves in the background without interfering with the already colored images. 

The solution was to create multiple masks that would fit directly over the colored flowers. Using some post-it notes, I stamped the Azalea and fussy cut the post-it note. Once the mask had been cut out I temporarily adhered them directly over the already stamped image. The masking technique allows you to create an image behind another image, creating the illusion of depth. Remember when stamping multiple images, make sure to start with the image you want to be in the front and then stamp your other images. 

I finished the card with a few jewels and added sparkle to the flowers using my Spectrum Noir glitter pen.

I hope you enjoyed today's card, thanks for stopping by.

1 comment:

  1. Before I comment on the project, I have a couple of pointers for you.
    - When you crop your photo, do not crop it too close to the project and try to leave some space all around the project. What this does is, it gives the eyes an area to settle on and makes the details of your project pop.
    - Try to add larger thumbnail of the photo. Blogspot has options to do so. Your work is gorgeous and a larger photo will make it stand out.
    You have done a beautiful job with the colouring, post and details. I love the way you have built your floral cluster and kept the lines clean following your course. Super work!
    Thank you for entering your work to the AECP assignment gallery.

    ReplyDelete