Monday, September 28, 2020

Altenew- Let it Shine


Hello! Today I am sharing a card inspired by the Altenew Academy class, Let it Shine. I can't get enough of the sparkly butterflies 🦋

 


I will be using the Simon Says Stamp Butterfly Trails Stencil along with my
Distress Oxide Inks. 

Starting from the upper right corner I am ink blending Picked Raspberry, Wilted Violet and Broken China Distress inks. 

After ink blending gently wipe your stencil using a dry Microfiber cloth or a dry paper towel. Distress Oxide inks are water reactive and will oxidize if your cloth is wet. Once the stencil is free of ink, apply a layer of Tonic Moonstone Nuvo Glimmer Paste for added sparkle. 



 Using the Altenew Mariposa die set, I cut the butterflies from black card stock and applied Altenew Metallic Watercolors for added shimmer. Once the butterflies were done drying, I added score lines to the sides of the wings for added dimension. 



For my sentiment, I used the Hello There stamp from the Altenew Build-A-Flower: Primrose stamp set.


I hope you enjoyed today's card. Thanks for stopping by!


1 comment:

  1. aww that is such an adorable card! Love the techniques! The shine on those butterflies though!
    Thank you for entering your work to the AECP assignment gallery.

    ReplyDelete