Thursday, October 8, 2020

Altenew-Easy Die Cutting Techniques







Hello and welcome!  Today's card is inspired by the Altenew Academy class, Easy Die Cutting Techniques. 


Today is all about the quick and simple inlay die cutting technique. To achieve this technique, all you need is a stamp and the coordinating die. I decided to use the Altenew Dotted Blooms stamp set and  coordinating die. 

I started my card by stamping my image and once the image has been stamped and colored, I used the die to cut it out. Using the same die I cut the center of my card stock along with the layering panels. Make sure the card is in the open position before running it through your die cut machine. If you do not open your card, the image will cut through the front and back of the card.  


I used a dotted embossing folder to add texture to the card. Using the Altenew Hello die, I cut two words and slightly offset them for a shadow effect. 

To finish the card, I added a few jewels for some added sparkle.

 

1 comment:

  1. Fantabulous! Thank you for entering your work to the AECP assignment gallery, well done!

    ReplyDelete