Thursday, June 18, 2020

Thinking of you part two


Hello, welcome to my blog. Today I wanted to share another card featuring the Simon Says Stamp Beautiful Butterflies June 2020 card kit. 




This 4 1/4 x 5 1/2-inch top folding note card was created out of a 8 1/2 x 11-inch card stock that was cut in half. Once my card base was cut out, I used my stitched rectangle dies from The Stamp of Life to create two layering pieces.

I kept the larger stitched die cut completely white as the middle layering piece. The smaller stitched die cut was stamped using Vera Mark ink and heat embossed with white embossing powder. Before you heat emboss, make sure you use the anti-static powder tool so the embossing powder only sticks to your stamped area. 

After I was done heat embossing, using the same panel, I used my Picket Fence life changing blender brushes and Distress ink ( picked raspberry, wilted violet, and mermaid lagoon) to create the  background. By heat embossing first, the Distress ink will not adhere to the white butterflies. You can use a soft cloth or paper towel to wipe the ink from the embossed areas. Using the same Distress ink colors, I applied the same ink blending to the base of the note card. 




I stamped my Thinking of You sentiment on a white strip of card stock that was stacked three high for added dimension. I finished my card by mixing some Lawn Fawn stardust with water and used a paint brush to flick the stardust onto my panel. I also added some Pretty Pink Posh clear jewels for additional sparkle.

I hope you enjoyed today's card and thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment