Tuesday, June 23, 2020

Using Tombow Dual Brush pens for stamping

Hello, crafty friends. Have you ever needed a dye ink color that you did not have? Well I have a solution for you. 

I am in desperate need of dye inks for stamping images and  with our favorite brands currently out of stock, I needed to improvise. My solution was combining the few dye inks I have along with Tombow dual brush pens to create the layers of my stamped image. 



I started my project by using the Tim Holtz stamp platform and the leaf from the Altenew Build-A-Flower: Hibiscus stamp set.

I placed the base of the leaf image on the stamp platform and colored the stamp using the Tombow 991 dual brush pen.  



After stamping the first layer, I lined the second layer directly over the first stamped image, colored the stamp with Tombow 173 dual brush pen, and stamped.


For the third and fourth layered image, I decided to use an acrylic block and not the stamping platform. When stamping only a few images, using an acrylic block was easier for me to line up the images, however, when stamping multiple I would continue using my stamping platform. 

In addition to using the acrylic block I always stamp on a foam mat for a better impression. The foam mat is sold by The Stamps of Life.  


Here is the final results and I love how the leaves came out. Let nothing stand in your creative path! 


I hope today's technique will inspire you when you are in need of additional dye ink colors. I can't wait to see your improvised creations. Hugs!

No comments:

Post a Comment